Apologizing whenever you make a mistake is a great trait. But over-apologizing is not something great. You should have the ability to recognize the instances in which you should apologize and the instances in which you shouldn’t apologize.
Here are 15 things you shouldn’t have to apologize for:
1. You shouldn’t have to apologize for being real in a world where it only gets you so far.
2. Never apologize for getting rid of the toxic people in your life. It doesn’t matter how close you were to that particular person. Cut them out of your life. This applies to those who are related to you too.
3. You don’t have to apologize for ignoring a person’s text message if they’ve gone on for months without talking to you.
4. Don’t say sorry because you posted a quote, song lyric, or an article that offends some people. Post them anyway and tell the people that get offended to deal with it.
5. You shouldn’t apologize to people for being a guarded person.
6. Don’t apologize for deciding to stop loving someone after being mistreated by them.
7. You also don’t have to apologize for neglecting people who only remember you when they need something from you.
8. Don’t say sorry for the painful things you said to someone who has done the same to you.
9. You shouldn’t have to apologize for trusting the wrong people because you learned a good lesson from it.
10. You don’t have to say sorry for celebrating even when there’s nothing to celebrate. Fun is not something that has to be tied to specific occasions or people.
11. Don’t apologize for becoming the person you were supposed to be.
12. You don’t have to apologize for being an adult who still doesn’t know what matters, who matters, and which direction to go, you are still learning, and you are a work in progress.
13. Don’t say sorry for getting certain things off your chest. You don’t have to keep everything to yourself.
14. Don’t apologize for setting boundaries when it comes to relationships; you have a right to do so.
15. Finally, never apologize for putting yourself first; after all, someone has to do that.
In a nutshell:
Do not be afraid to ask for the things you want. Believe in yourself; you are capable of achieving your desires. Don’t rely on others. Leave toxic relationships by filtering out the negative people.
You do not have to justify everything and defend yourself from people that belittle you. In other words, stand up for yourself. There is no need to bite your tongue to please people. Be authentic and not a people pleaser.
Make new connections with people who inspire you. Some people pass through your life so that you can learn something; they are just lessons for you. Close the doors that lead to nowhere. Enjoy your life and be grateful.
There is no need to be sorry about putting yourself first, as, without you, the whole situation changes. Respect yourself; there is no need for you to tolerate people who don’t. Pursue your goals without having to feel or say sorry for who you are and what you do. You will not feel lonely if you like the person you are.