An Empath can soak up negative energy from people around them, which can linger on the Empath unless they know how to protect themselves.
An Empath is a person with the paranormal ability to perceive the mental or emotional state of another individual.
Being an Empath is a gift. Yet having said that, it has it’s up sides and down sides.
In this article I will advise you how to protect yourself from the negative energies/emotions that can attached to you.
Firstly you have to acknowledge that you are indeed an Empath. Being an Empath is different to feeling what others are feeling around you.
Here are a few signs that you are indeed an Empath;
- Empaths just know things, without being told. It’s a knowing that goes way beyond intuition or gut feelings.
- Public places can be overwhelming.
- Watching violence or cruelty on TV is unbearable.
- Always looking out for the underdog.
- People tend to offload their problems onto you.
- Bored or distracted easily.
- Strives for the truth.
Do the 7 points resonate with you? If your answer is yes, then you could be an Empath.
Here’s how to protect yourself;
- Don’t be afraid. Be strong and confident. Learn how to say no to the demands of others.
- Try turn negative into positive feelings.
- Don’t try to please people all the time. It’s a fact that you can’t please everyone, so don’t waste your energy trying.
- Consider your own needs instead of putting others first all the time.
- Always speak the truth. When we are being dishonest with ourselves, and with other people, we create incongruence in our minds.
- It’s important to raise your consciousness. You could do this by mediation, or you could simply sit/lay down and relax, while mentally letting go of everything. Shutting your mind off.